Sunday 24 December 2017

The Kingfisher Logo

The kingfisher logo comes from a tatoo I designed way back in the Naughties and got put on my leg.  I did it shortly after returning to England for the first time since I'd immigrated when I was eight years old.  It's a European kingfisher of the kind I used to see when I was little.  It reminds me of where I came from.

I took a photo of the tatoo and then photoshopped it into the logo as it is now.  Kingfishers are a triple threat: they can fly like missiles, swim like a fish and move about on land.  A good metaphor for the kind of photography and art I like to do (the technically difficult kind).


I took the glow from the original photo out of the middle of the bird...





The headers for all my blogs are made in Photoshop from images I've created...


Tim's Motorcycle Diaries (my Triumph Tiger photoshopped into colour matched text)
  



Previous TMD logos went through a series of evolutions, as did the Mechanical Sympathy logo...




The Dusty World logo (my oldest blog) has been stable for a number of years...



2022 Imaging Kit Wishlist

What I'd upgrade equipment-wise if I had my druthers: 360 Cameras Ricoh Theta Z1 :  most 360 cameras are built for action video and make...