Friday 16 February 2018

Snows And Crows and Adobe's Lightroom

A crow playing in the wind on a snowy Saturday afternoon in February prompted me to get the Canon T6i out.  These were taken with the 55-250mm lens.  The original photos are so atmospheric that I started posterizing them in Photoshop and then gave Lightroom a try.  I've never used it before and was curious to see what it could do.  As a simple image editor it can do quick and effective image touch-ups.  It did a nice job of making the posterized imaged pop...


The original image: f/8 1/500 sec, ISO 200 -1 Exposure, 250mm

Posterized (colour reduced) in Photoshop 

Details tweaked in Lightroom
Original image f/7.1, 1/400 sec. ISO 100 250mm brightened in curves in PS.

The crow colourized and layered with the background monochromed in black & white
After some tweaking in Lightroom.  The tree reflection caught in the window could have been washed out, but I liked how it came out with the vignetting.  I'm reading Neil Gaiman's Norse Gods at the moment and this reminds me of Odin's crow Huginn and Yggdrasil, the world tree.
Original photo: f/10, 1/800sec, ISO 200, -1 stop, 250mm



Posterized in Photoshop...
Touched up in Lightroom...

2022 Imaging Kit Wishlist

What I'd upgrade equipment-wise if I had my druthers: 360 Cameras Ricoh Theta Z1 :  most 360 cameras are built for action video and make...